World Record Car
6 April 2013
Check out photos of the World Record car including fitting the 10,900mah battery into the Tamiya F104 v2!
We are using:
- Car: Tamiya F104 v2
- Tyres: Ride R1 premount tyres on the rear and Pit Shimizu 571 softs on the front
- ESC: LRP Flow brushless ESC
- Motor: LRP X12 21.5 brushless motor
- Servo: Savox SC-1251MG low profile servo
- and most importantly the Battery: a MaxAmps 10,900 mah 2S lipo.
Changes to Stock Setup
- We added spacers under the top pitch damper ball cup to maintain the angle of the pitch damper - the battery is normal width and length but much higher than my normal race battery at 35mm thick
- Added spacers under the Roll Damper Mount C9
- Raised the ride height by moving the Ride Height kidney shaped pieces L7 from the bottom to the top of the motor mount - the battery is 200g heavier than my normal race battery
Fitting all the wiring tidily under the body was a challenge but we're pretty pleased with the results. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
More info on the World Record