Ride XR tyres
13 September 2013
its great performance whatever the surface it was being used on and its great durability."
- All new wheels:
- The Rear and Front wheels now present an extra outer edge to prevent the tyre side wall from cracking prematurely, even after heavy crashes.
- The Front wheel has a bigger inner diameter than the outer to allow a wider range of front ride height adjustment without interfering with the suspension kingpin.
- An updated injection process allows the wheels to have some improved spinning and balance properties.
- All new inserts:
- Front and Rear new shaped inserts are made of a more stable foam material which will offer consistent performance over time.
- All new Tyre Profile:
- The Rear tyre profile has been optimised to offer unparalleled side and forward traction.
- The Front tyre profile has also been designed to increase the steering property on most represented chassis in the market.
"With a rubber compound based on the successful and long established “R1”, the new XR tyres perform with the very same easy driving feel (both indoor and outdoor) but with that extra steering response everyone was waiting for. The whole Team Ride wishes all F1 drivers around the World the most exciting time running the new XR tyres."
Being the most represented wheel type on the F1 market, the XR tyres are compatible with Tamiya Front and Rear wheel types ONLY. This sounds to us like support for the 3Racing FGX may have been dropped. If that's correct then that would be a shame.
The tyres will be available by the end of this month. It will also be the new ETS spec tyre for the upcoming season.
Ludovic Leflon from Ride has been in touch and advised the part numbers are:
- 26030: F104 Pre-glued Rubber Front 61mm Tires, XR High Grip Compound (2pcs)
- 26031: F104 Pre-glued Rubber Rear 61mm Tires, XR High Grip Compound (2pcs)
Ride website (which has no info on these tyres currently).
Thanks to our friends at www.rcf1.fr for the original article